From 15 January until 14 March 2020, the government is giving out RM30 in the form of eWallet money to all eligible Malaysians. This was announced during the Budget 2020 Speech as the e-Tunai Rakyat e-Wallet initiative to encourage e-wallet usage in Malaysia. The government is ushering Malaysia into a cashless economy, following the footsteps of China and Norway, two with the highest e-Wallet usage in the world. If you’d like to know more about e-Wallets, read here.
Who is eligible for e-Tunai Rakyat?
Anyone that fulfills all of these requirement are eligible:
- Malaysian citizen with NRIC
- Aged 18 years and above in 2020
- Anual income of less than RM100,000 (RM8,333 per month)
Where can I claim my RM30?
You can claim it directly on one of these three e-Wallet apps:
1. Touch ’n Go eWallet
What is the claiming process?
1. Starting 15 Jan, login into any of the three e-Wallet apps mentioned above.
2. Click on the ‘ RM30 e-Tunai Rakyat initiative’ at the main page of TnG/Boost/Grabpay (refer below).
3. If your account has not been verified, the app will guide you through the step-by-step verification process to confirm that you are a Malaysian. (take a picture of your NRIC and a selfie)
4. Within five days, you should see the RM30 credited into your account.
Things to note
1. You can only claim the RM30 either in TnG or Boost or Grab e-wallet.
2. The RM30 is not transferable to friends/family and cannot be withdrawn.
3. You can spend the RM30 at any shops that support the e-Wallet that you use.
4. The RM30 will expire on 14th of March if you have not spent on anything.